About Atlanta Rovers
Atlanta Rovers FC is an Atlanta, Georgia-based semi-professional soccer club.
The team has two soccer clubs currently playing in the United Professional Soccer League. Atlanta Rovers FC, its main team, is playing in the UPSL Premier Division.
The team is a former 2022 UPSL Georgia Division Summer Regional Cup champion. Atlanta Rovers FC got the coveted UPSL championship crown last August 14, 2022, at around 7 after beating the visiting Kalonji Pro-Profile 3-1 at the South Gwinnett Park Stadium. With its UPSL crown, the team has risen to become one of the top soccer clubs in UPSL and the entire Atlanta, Georgia, soccer community.
Its second team, the Atlanta Rovers FC Reserves, plays in the UPSL Division 1.
The team comprises the reserve players of the 1st team and is mainly composed of young and upcoming players in UPSL.
Rover Soccer Club of Atlanta, the largest veterans soccer club in Georgia. The club is known for having a long tradition of teams winning many local, regional leagues and tournaments including 2 National Championships. The club has teams in open and over 30, 40, 50s and 60s.
Veteran’s Cup teams in several age groups, lcaal tournament teams competing in metropolitan Atlanta, and regional tournament teams competing recently in Orlando, Charleston, Wilmington, etc. Rovers team members are on the local Over-65 (O65) team that is three-time defending national champions in the Veteran’s Cup competition.
Cobb Adult Soccer League Div 1, Div 2 , Div 3, Over-30, Over-40
Roswell Adult Soccer League Over-30 and Over-50We train and compete in other leagues around Atlanta.
We will training at various locations in Cobb and Fulton Counties. We will announce locations as well move into the new seasons.
We participate in many tournaments through out the year including the Low Country Invitational, Jack Frost, Atlanta Summer Blast, Florida Classic, National Veterans Cup and many others.
We are a community of soccer players who that come together under the Atlanta RoversFC. We base our club on excellence and upholding the highest standards on and off the pitch.
Rovers F.C. Mission, Goals & Objectives
Organized for adult players
- Encouraging play by members across age groups 18+, current members from 18 to 76
- Currently Men’s players and teams, In the future, Co-ed or Women’s teams also.
- Open to current and former team members, status: Active (player), Retired, Social / Sponsor
- Serving northwestern metropolitan Atlanta
- Enriching & improving play (individual player development, consistent with US Soccer)
- Building lasting friendship; adhering to sportsmanship and the spirit and laws of the game
Playing in Soccer Leagues & Competitions
- Leagues: Fielding teams in leagues at various playing levels and age groups
- Off-season leagues for training and Rovers club play
- Training during regular league seasonal play
- League-supported weekday training
- Organized weekday leagues for training
- Ad Hoc training off season
- Tournaments: Entering Local, Regional & National Competition
- Teams have competed in tournaments, such as: Frosty Balls, Charleston (Memorial Day), Orlando (February), National & Veterans Cup (July)
- Rovers Fest: an intra-club festival and competition among all interested playing members
Building & Supporting Soccer Community
- Referees: Youth and adult referees
- Coaches: Youth team coaching
- Trainers: Youth trainers. Rovers team and tournament training and coaching.
- Managers: Youth team and Rovers team mangers
- Leadership in leagues (CASL, Roswell, youth, etc.) and GA Soccer
- Pro Bono, Benefits, such as Father Christmas Cup, Japan Tsunami (with FC Ga Utd), NASA, others, such as with Hammers, and for members.
- Atlanta Soccer News, run by members
- Advocating for soccer to all audiences of the club
- Events: Rovers Party, Rovers SoccerFest
- LinkedIn group: “Atlanta Soccer Friends”
- Proposed: Professional Business Directory, Job Finder
Community Connections: Rovers Personal & Professional Connections:
Organizing & Funding for the Mission, Goals & Objectives
- Establishing & Perpetuating an organizational structure: Board (managers plus?), Committees
- Funding the mission, annual activities and long-term goals (projects).
- Sources & Uses of Funds
- Sources: Sponsorships (Club & Team), Player fees, Event fees
- Uses: Kit, Logo wear, team gear (flags, balls), Events, Projects (a field)
Atlanta Rovers Football Club
Atlanta Rovers Soccer Club of Atlanta, the largest veterans soccer club in Georgia. The club is known for having a long tradition of teams winning many local, regional leagues and tournaments. Our players have played on Veteran’s Cup National Championship teams and won regional championships in Asheville, Atlanta, Charleston, and Orlando. The club has teams in Open, O30s, O40s, O50s and O58 leagues. The club has fielded tournament teams or stocked them with members of every age group and many Open divisions, O35s, O45s, O55s, O60s, O65s, and O70s (in 2014).